While I was trying to dig up some true redhead facts. I found this link. It's hilarious. They drummed up a bunch of redheads to go protest the racist Wendy's logo. I LOLed.....for real.
Okay.....now for some facts(?)
1. Redheads have more sex. My husband may argue that this is false, but here is the article:
2. We require more (20% more than most people) anesthesia to be knocked out. I've never been put under, so I can't attest to this either way. I will say that I get the distinct impression that pain meds affect me differently. After having my two c-sections, I was on percocet for several days, but never experienced the sleepiness most people experience. I was AWAKE an high as a kite. Here is the anesthesia article:
3. Red hair is a recessive trait. It may appear after several generations of darker hair. (Neither of my parents have red hair, but my redheaded kids have a redheaded mama...obviously)
4. The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.
5. Adults have about 120,000 hairs on their head; redheads have fewer, blondes have more, brunettes have the most.
6. Doctors say that Redheads have heavier than usual bleeding post-partum, which is related to low iron retention. (My OBGYN once claimed that "redheads are bleeders". I thought she was just being silly.....but apparently it's true....and....yeah, my iron gets low easily.)
7.Red hair is said to originate from the Vikings(ie Eric the Red).
8. Redheads are more sensitive to pain. This is somehow related to the lack of melanin in the skin. ( http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2009/08/redheads_more_sensit.html )
9. Redheads have higher IQs than ANYONE. Okay...that's not a fact, but I like to think that.
10. God made all the good ones redheads, so he can pick them out of the crowd. (Don't ask me for my sources on that one)