Here it goes..........
10 years ago:
I was sixteen and a sophomore in high school. I was preparing to go to Panama City, Florida with my two best friends, and one of my friend's mom. It was an epic spring-break trip. We managed to evade our supervision as much as possible. We drove my friend's mom's tan van to the beach every day and told college boys that we were 18 and our names were Candy, Barbie and Kiki (I was Kiki). I'm actually proud of how smart we were, considering. We never separated and never went anywhere questionable, like hotel rooms. I got really sunburnt and we gave each other bad highlights. That sums it up.
Oh, and I had to read Hamlet while we were there.
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Trim the dogs' nails. (They have been severely neglected)
2.Make an appointment for Barrett's 9mo. checkup. (He turns on the 26th)
3.Clean the Kitchen Floor (This will likely take a couple hours)
4.Start making a grocery list
5.Pack at least 3 boxes (we are moving)
Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
- Buy an amazing beach house (Probably in the Outer Banks on one of the more remote islands like Pea island, so the husband can surf) and let my family and friends use it whenever they wished.
- Pay off all of my family's debts and give them enough money so that never have to worry.
- Start my own coonhound rescue.
- Buy a lot of land in remote areas. Keep it as an investment for my kids.
- Adopt a child out of foster care
- I would go to concerts whenever I felt like it. Radiohead is playing in Stockholm...sounds fun. I will go.
3 of my bad habits:
1.Leaving food out. (I get busy and forget. I made homemade pita bread this week and ruined it all, because I forgot to wrap it up.)
2.Cussing at the dog. (I really shouldn't let him frustrate me. He's only an animal)
3.I "flop" on furniture. My mother used to scold me for this, now my husband scolds me for the same reason. It's a real problem... I guess.
Jobs I've had:
- Swim instructor
- Waitress at an Irish pub
- Waitress/Bartender at California Pizza Kitchen (while I was in college)
- Tutor/counselor at the VCU writing center
- Waitress at an Italian restaurant
- Substitute teacher ( for only a couple weeks, since we moved immediately after I was hired)
5 thing people don't know about me:
- I watch "The Newlywed Game" every morning
- I snore loudly (well, my husband knows this)
- I hate shaving.
- I dance around my house like a moron on a regular basis.
- I have an irrational fear of my cellar.
If you have been tagged, it is because I find you interesting, not because I want to annoy you.