Thursday, July 16, 2009

He Looks Like You




Right after I had Barrett, I spoke to my dad on the phone. I told him that the baby "looks like you". I think he thought that I was paying him lip service, but I wasn't. He was several states away, and unable to discern for himself whether the kid looked like him. Barrett STILL looks like my dad more than anyone else. Sometimes he gives me certain looks and my dad is all that I can see. This isn't a bad thing, but maybe it would be if my dad was a jerk, and I didn't enjoy being reminded of him. My dad is a cool dude, he's friendly, and generous, and wonderful, so it's not bad to be reminded of him on an hourly basis. Also, my dad isn't ugly, so it's not so terrible to bare his resemblance. My mother will have you believe that, in the late seventies, every woman on the east coast was beating on his door. She, of course, beat put every woman as the winner of his heart. It's a lovely fable.


My dad came to visit recently and my mom took some shots of the Barrett and my dad hanging out. Aside from their appearance, they also share a love for potato chips and "King of the Hill". The whole potato chip thing is odd. I craved potato chips more than anything else during my pregnancy, and then Barrett made it clear very early that potato chips are his most favorite of all foods. So......these pictures were taken while they were eating potato chips and watching "King of the Hill".......naturally.


*Note the identical expressions in the first picture. They are VERY serious about potato chips.

3 comments:

crowson2000 said...

I know what you mean about the looks... Finn has my father in law's eyes and he gives us looks all the time that look exactly like Lindsay's dad. It is uncanny...

The Rose Queen said...

YOU are RIGHT!!!! He looks like your dad!

Sam said...

Well, I'm with them on King of the Hill! And the potato chips, actually. (Which I also ate throughout my pregnancy. We'll see if my kid takes a liking to them...)